Conflicts of Interest for Lawyers - A Practical Guide
Conflicts are a necessary hazard of legal practice. A conflict arises when two (or more) parties have competing interests; either between two clients or you and a client.
This webinar will look at the different types of conflict, some real-world scenarios and when exactly you can act in a conflict situation.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is an own interest conflict under the new SRA rules?
- What is a client conflict under the new SRA rules?
- The 'confidentiality v disclosure' conflict
- Common areas where conflicts arise
- How to remedy potential conflicts
- Systems to put in place
- The SRA's approach to conveyancing conflicts
- Disciplinary decisions relating to conflicts