Conflicts of Interest - What the SRA Expects
This brand new live broadcast session is designed to address the SRA’s requirements relating to the handling of conflicts of interest.
We will consider how to deal with actual and potential conflicts and be able to demonstrate to the SRA that we have effective systems and controls in place.
The focus will be on practical advice and guidance to tackle conflict issues that can and do arise in practice through a range of scenarios.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast session will cover the following:
- Why the SRA is concerned about conflicts
- Principle 4 - the duty to act in the best interests of each client
- Firm based regulation, individual liability and sanctions
- Own interest conflicts - how can they be identified?
- Client care aspects - who is your client?
- Referral of clients - are you acting in their best interests?
- Client conflicts - when can you act?
- Confidentiality and disclosure - the overlap with conflicts
- Developing information barriers
- The management of business - developing effective systems and controls
- Conflicts - typical dilemmas encountered in practice
- Dealing with conflicts for Lexcel and CQS certification
- Summary and questions
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.