Conditional Contracts, Options & Promotion Agreements
This comprehensive course will cover everything you need to advise your clients on these various alternatives for buying and selling land.
The course will cover the advantages and disadvantages of each type of document, the main clauses and important issues and the lessons learned from recent cases.
This is a highly complex area, with many pitfalls, as shown by some of the recent cases, and the course will help you to avoid the problem areas.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Conditional Contracts, Options, Promotion Agreements, Pre-Emption Rights: comparing and contrasting them - which is best for your client?
- Best, Reasonable and All Reasonable Endeavours - what do they require and which is best for your client?
- Conditional Contracts:
- Conditions precedent and conditions subsequent - which are better?
- Drafting conditions - issues with planning and landlord’s consent
- Satisfying/waiving conditions
- Longstop dates and termination
- Put and call options
- Option periods
- Exercising on all or part of the land - issues for the landowner
- Exercising the option - form and service of notices
- Promotion Agreements:
- Planning obligations
- Disposal obligations
- Problems for landowner and promoter
- Hybrid Agreements
- Pre-Emption Rights - problems to avoid
- S106 Planning Obligations and Community Infrastructure Levy - issues for each party
- Remedies - what to do when things go wrong
- Land Registry Issues - how best to protect your client
- Tax Issues
- Lessons Learned
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme