Completing Fit & Proper Assessments - A Guide for FCA Authorised Firms under SMCR
The Senior Managers & Certification Regime embodies one of the biggest changes to financial services regulation in the past decade. As part of the new requirements, firms need to annually assess whether senior managers, non-executive directors and certification staff are fit and proper to do their jobs.
The FCA does not prescribe a particular test, but does describe the criteria that firms should consider. Those subject to the FIT rules need to be assessed on their honesty, integrity and reputation, their competence and capability and their financial soundness.
This webinar provides those who set procedures to evidence fitness ideas and information on how to comply. It is also perfect for those who are subject to the Fit and Proper Assessments.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Practical definitions
- Requirements and standards of the regulatory system
- Evidencing honesty and integrity
- When things go wrong: how to notify your firm and rectification steps
- Recording the required information
- Competence and Capability
- Definitions and FCA requirements
- Measuring competence and capability
- Taking remedial action
- Financial Soundness
- What to look for
- Measuring financial soundness
- Taking action
- Compliance updates
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 5th September 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.