Competition Law & E-Commerce - Minimising Risk & Maximising Strategy
E-commerce is a fast developing area with growing importance to the business community. Not surprisingly, therefore, both the EU Commission and national competition regulators like the CMA have already signalled that competition law scrutiny of the online world is a priority for them.
There has recently been an explosion of developments in relation to geo-blocking, pricing restrictions, access to market platforms, use of pricing algorithms and information exchange, which is creating a new framework of what is acceptable and what isn’t when trading online.
This live broadcast session is aimed at competition and e-commerce advisors and will provide an understanding of the competition law online framework to manage your company’s or your clients’ competition law risks and to maximise the success of online strategies.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast will cover the following:
- Aftermath of the EU Commission's e-commerce inquiry
- Selective distribution and non-selective distribution models
- Restrictions to online selling and a review of the latest cases
- Online pricing restrictions
- Price modelling software and cartel liability
- Access to online market places and price comparison sites
- Other restrictions to online selling
- Pricing on online platforms; hotel booking cases and most favoured national clauses
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.