Competition Law Pitfalls in Commercial Agreements - What to Watch Out For
This workshop will focus on the most common forms of commercial agreements (agency, distribution, certain forms of vertical joint ventures) - and how they are treated under UK competition rules. This is an excellent opportunity to learn how to navigate through this complex area of the law when drafting or reviewing commercial agreements.
What You Will Learn
Using case studies and practical examples this course will cover the following:
- Agents, distributors and resellers - what's the difference from a competition law perspective?
- Types of distribution arrangements (exclusive, sole, non-exclusive and selective)
- Scope of the Chapter 1 Prohibition of the Competition Act 1998
- The most important exemptions under the Block Exemption Regulation for Vertical Restraints (VBER)
- Review of the VBER - what to expect
- The impact of Brexit
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme