Company Law Refresher - Key Points Explained
This one hour webinar will cover some key provisions of the Companies Act 2006 (‘CA 2006’) and relevant changes introduced by the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 20015 (‘SBEEA’).
The webinar is aimed for non-specialist practitioners as well as those who are moving into the company law field for the first time. If you are a paralegal, junior solicitor or company secretary (or are in need of a general company law refresher), then this webinar is for you.
What You Will Learn
This introductory webinar will cover the following:
- Key themes of the CA 2006 and SBEEA
- Advise on incorporation as a company or LLP
- Identify the types, rights, duties and liabilities of directors (including in an insolvency situation)
- Identify the need for and the role of a company secretary
- Consider share capital (including the allotment and issue of shares, share classes, shareholders rights and remedies and the buyback of shares)
- Shareholder meetings - notice, procedure, documentation
- Capital maintenance
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 26th June 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.