Commercial Property Update - Live Broadcast with Sarah Thompson-Copsey
This fast paced live broadcast session looks at the practical impact of recent commercial property and commercial landlord & tenant case law and considers a number of key issues.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session, constantly updated to reflect the most recent case law, currently includes:
- Waiver: Faiz v Burnley; Brar v Thirunavukkrasu
- The impact of the Coronavirus Act 2020
- Lease entry rights - interpretation? The Court of Appeal in Rees v Windsor-Clive
- Service charge certificates - “final & binding” or not? Sara and Hossein Asset Holdings v Black
- Tenant insolvency: what did the Debenhams CVA teach us?
- Agreements to surrender - drafting tips from Dreams v Pavilion
- Reasonableness - leases and covenants:
- The Supreme Court in Sequent v Hautford
- The role of aesthetics in Hicks v Holland Park
- Development land - modifying restrictive covenants: Edgware Road v Church Commissioners; Normandy v Basingstoke; Payne v Maldon
- Rights of light and overlooking: Fearn v Tate; Beaumont v Florala
- COVID-19 Code
- Notices & defects: Pease v Carter
- The impact of coronavirus changes to CRAR and insolvency on commercial leases
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.