Commercial Leases & Rent Review - Practical Tips & Tactics to Problem Solving
With rent reviews, knowing the law and the cases is only half the battle - practical tips and tactics are also necessary if you are to achieve the best outcome for your client (whether acting for landlord or tenant).
This practical live broadcast session, jointly presented by two highly experienced trainers, will focus entirely on solving everyday problems relating to rent reviews.
Examples will be given, and case studies explored.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Indexation of rent - tips and traps - can you recognise drafting that causes increases to be compounded
- Practical problems with turnover rents
- Drafting to avoid onerous provisions that may reduce the rent at review
- Should anything be done about the Energy Act and MEES?
- Arbitrator or expert - which is better, and why?
- Issues with rent review experts: how to spot them & resolve them
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.