Commercial Leases - Consents, Applications & Notices with Sarah Thompson-Copsey
Serving notices & applications and obtaining landlord’s consent are key to the exercise of many tenant rights under a lease - the right to carry out alterations, the right to assign or sublet the right to break the lease.
How should applications and notices be served? What, if any, steps must the landlord take on receipt? And what does ‘consent’ actually mean?
This practical half day session will pull together recent case law as well as established principles in the context of modern lease drafting.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Consent: when can the landlord demand money - and when not
- Making applications and serving notices - the right person, the right method, the right address
- When the landlord must respond - and when the landlord can simply refuse to respond
- What is ‘reasonable’ in the context of consent
- Whether the landlord’s own interests always paramount
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme