Commercial Agency & Distribution Agreements - What’s the Difference?
This workshop will focus on commercial agency agreements and different kinds of distribution agreements - and how they are treated under UK competition rules.
What You Will Learn
Using case studies and practical examples this course will cover the following:
- Agents, distributors and resellers
- What is the difference between an agent and a distributor?
- What is the difference between an agent, a distributor and a reseller?
- Advantages and disadvantages of agency
- Types of distribution arrangements
- Exclusive distribution
- Sole distribution
- Non-exclusive distribution
- Selective distribution
- How are distribution and agency agreements regulated under UK competition rules?
- Scope of the Chapter 1 Prohibition of the Competition Act 1998
- General conditions
- Appreciable effect
- When do EU competition rules apply?
- Consequences of an infringement
- Most recent case law
- Block exemption for vertical agreements
- Hard-core restrictions
- Price fixing or resale price maintenance
- Territorial/customer sales restrictions
- Territorial/customer sales restrictions in selective distribution agreements
- Cross supplies between distributors within a selective distribution system
- Restrictions on online selling
- Parallel imports - past and future
- Treatment of distribution agreements which are not exempt
- Case studies
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme