Collective Enfranchisement & Lease Extension - Exploring the 1993 Act Problem Areas
This interactive intermediate-advanced course provides an opportunity to explore - working through case studies - some of the knottier problem areas, and gaps in the legislation, encountered in practice by landlords, tenants and their advisers.
The course takes an in-depth look at some of these potential 'bear-traps' - in light of recent cases - with a view to identifying practical ways to resolve them. This course is aimed at the more experienced practitioner dealing with leasehold enfranchisement and extension or who have attended: Enfranchisement & Lease Extension: A User’s Guide
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Flats? The Court of Appeal in Alford House v Grosvenor;
- The 1993 Act timetable: understanding it, using it to your advantage & the 'gaps';
- Notices: invalid, ineffective or just plain wrong - what's the difference & the impact on costs;
- ‘Agreement of terms’ or agreement of lease form - is there a difference and how to handle it
- Freehold or permanent rights? Trinity Church v Trinity Strond;
- Two years ownership: joint tenants, PRs and other knotty problems;
- Current thinking on 'commercial enfranchisement' and the 1967 Act
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Just click Leasehold Enfranchisement
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme