Collective Enfranchisement - The Problem Areas & How to Avoid Them
Owners of long leasehold flats have a collective right to buy the freehold of their building under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993. But exercising this valuable right can be full of pitfalls for the unwary.
This intermediate level webinar explores a number of the trickier problem areas and their resolution.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What sort of ‘buildings’ are enfranchiseable under the Act
- Tips for starting the process: gathering information, participation agreements, letters of authority
- ‘Qualifying tenant’ and ‘landlord at law’ - why the importance?
- Notices: forms, defects, service
- Understanding & using the timetable