Collective Enfranchisement - The Key Issues Explored with Sarah Thompson-Copsey
The collective right for flat owners to buy the freehold of their building is a valuable right but the exercise of that right can be full of pitfalls for the unwary.
This intermediate level webinar explores a number of the trickier problem areas drawing practical lessons from recent case law.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- A block of flats or blocks of flats? Making sense of Palgrave v Consensus; Gala Unity
- Avoiding ‘deemed withdrawals’ and the 12-month ban on fresh notices: GR Property v Safdar
- Sub-soil leases; rights to park: LM Homes v Queen Court; Ashford v Mill Court
- Counter-notices & notices: the impact of Pease v Carter; Alford House; Gateway v Ali
- Change ahead? The 2020 Law Commission Report and the Government’s January 2021 statement
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 23rd June 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation