Collateral Warranties & Third Party Rights in Development Projects - A 1 Hour Guide
Security in projects is everything for investors, and those taking future interests in construction and real estate projects.
Collateral warranties and third party rights (TPRs) are squarely at the forefront of project security. As such, those setting up projects must consider what may be required by way of security.
This webinar will outline the key principles of collateral warranties and TPRs for investors, funders and future interest holders. In addition, it gives a useful real-life perspective for developers, contractors and their teams to be aware of in project contract negotiation. It will also look at how popular forms of contracts address the topic of security.
The webinar is designed for individuals who work in, advise on, or fund construction contracts and/ or are responsible for commercial, finance and contract administration of property or financial investments in projects.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is a collateral warranty and TPRs?
- Why do investors want/need collateral warranties and TPRs?
- Why do future interest holders want/need collateral warranties and TPRs?
- The links between security and delivery stability, project cost and future liability
- Key terms for parties
- Popular forms of contract: reminder of collateral warranties and TPRs in JCT and NEC
- Summary of key takeaways
This webinar was recorded on 20th November 2019