Collateral Warranties & Third Party Rights in Construction & Real Estate Projects
This webinar is relevant to anyone drafting, negotiating or reviewing collateral warranties for construction and real estate development projects. It is specifically aimed at junior construction lawyers as well as commercial real estate lawyers who do development work.
It will answer a number of key questions, including:
- What is a collateral warranty and why are they important?
- Are third party rights granted under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 any different from collateral warranties?
- What are beneficiaries seeking to cover off in their warranties and what are funders looking for in the warranties they seek when undertaking development funding?
- What are warrantors looking to include in warranties to limit their liabilities and how do we get around these pitfalls when acting for beneficiaries?
This webinar will focus on the practical aspects of dealing with warranties rather than the theory.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- A brief background, structure and status of collateral warranties
- Key obligations
- Design and step-in provisions
- Limitations of liability
- Standard forms v bespoke forms