Cohabitation Claims & Disputes - An Update for Family & Private Client Lawyers
This webinar is aimed at family and private client lawyers who deal with disputes between parties who co-own property in the residential context.
Such disputes can arise in a variety of contexts, including on the breakdown of a cohabiting relationship, upon the death of an unmarried partner, when wider family relationships breakdown and upon the bankruptcy of an individual.
The webinar will provide a review of the current law as it applies in such cases.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Constructive trusts - developments since Stack v Dowden and Jones v Kernott
- Proprietary estoppel - the latest case law guidance
- How do the rules differ between a home and investment property?
- Bank accounts and other assets of cohabitees - what is the law?
- Equitable accounting - how does it now work?
- Procedural update - what has changed in the CPR and costs budgeting
- Does Brexit affect cohabitation claims?
This webinar was recorded on 24th February 2020