Clinical Negligence Liability - Caselaw Update 2021
This virtual classroom seminar will consider the key prominent clinical negligence liability judgments of the past 12 months.
It will look at a number of key rulings from causation to consent.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Schembri v Marshall - the role of statistical evidence in proving causation
- XM v Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust - the standard of care expected of health visitors and nursery nurses
- Whittington Hospital NHS Trust v CC - the Supreme Court’s decision of the recoverability of surrogacy costs
- Bradfield-Kay v Cope - how does a claimant succeed in a surgical negligence case where the defendant’s expert purports to provide a Bolam/Bolitho defence?
- King v South Tees Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Negus and Bainbridge v Guy’s & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust - does Montgomery impose a duty to obtain consent on technical issues?
- Secondary victims psychiatric injury cases to be heard in the Court of Appeal
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.