Clinical Negligence - Law, Practice & Costs Update
This intermediate level course is aimed at practitioners who are experienced at conducting clinical negligence cases.
It will cover a number of ‘tricky’ issues and provide the opportunity to explore them in detail and for discussion with lawyers who face similar problems.
The course will look at recent case law in relation to law, practice and costs together with CPR updates.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The Bolam Test - are its days numbered? What about Bolitho?
- Suzanne Lane v Worcester Acute Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Duty of care v causation - analysing Khan v MNX, duty of reception staff and others
- Surrogacy and provisional damages - XX v Whittington Hospitals NHS Trust
- Informed consent - Montgomery 5 years on
- Limitation and s33 Limitation Act 1980 and Limitation Amnesties
- Witness statements
- Experts - joint meetings and agenda
- CPR - service of Claim Form and agreed extensions, costs budgets, trial bundles
- The future
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme