Client Retainers - How to Get Them Right
The retainer is an area that can often be overlooked by solicitors and treated as a ‘tick box’ exercise.
This webinar will consider the factors to consider when setting the retainer and also consider practical ways of ensuring that fee earners are aware of the terms of retainer on all cases.
It will include how to set the terms of the retainer, issues to consider when drafting the retainer, with practical examples.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Retainer creep - how it arises, how to identity it, how to deal with it, why it is important
- Examples and suggested solutions
- Liability caps - common problems that can arise, how to set a cap, where to set the cap, implications when you get it wrong
- Cancellable contracts - how to identify when these might be needed and how to deal when they arise, consequences of getting it wrong
- Practical issues which may assist in avoiding the consequences of non-compliance with the regulations, with examples
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 27th September 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation