Client Due Diligence for Law Firms - Getting to Know Your Client
This webinar provide will provide viewers with an introduction to client due diligence (CDD).
It will cover all the essential requirements of the CDD process, including recent changes in the law.
Guided by the revised Legal Sector Affinity Group Guidance Note (January 2021), the main focus will be on beneficial ownership and understanding complex corporate structures.
The purpose of the webinar is to give delegates a solid foundation of knowledge in this area and help you understand how the CDD process can be used to protect your organisation.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- A refresher on money laundering
- Identity fraud
- Analysis of CDD requirements for private companies, LLPs, partnerships, charities, trusts and foundations
- Beneficial ownership and understanding complex corporate structures, including nominee arrangements and bearer shares
- Extra steps required for companies
- Understanding what is meant by the risk-based approach
- Electronic searches
- Simplified due diligence
- Enhanced due diligence
- Politically exposed persons
- Reliance on CDD checks carried out by third parties
- Ongoing monitoring
This webinar was recorded on 5th March 2021
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Money Laundering
at your organisation