Client Care Letters - How to Comply with the Code of Conduct
With the new Code of Conduct now in place, and the SRA expressing further concerns about our handling of complaints, this webinar updated for 2020 will cover the key issues of what must be included in writing to the client and what information they should rightly receive.
Aimed at all fee-earners and support staff with client contact responsibilities, the webinar will review the role of the initial meeting, the confirmatory letter and the accompanying 'contract' between the parties.
The webinar will discuss the content and style of client care letters and terms and conditions of business. Find out when the information should be given and how to impart it best. Are you telling your clients enough... or are you trying to tell them too much?
It will also include all the latest thinking under recent SRA Resources published to accompany the Standards & Regulations 2019.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The key information clients want and need
- The particular issues regarding data under the GDPR
- How best to impart that information
- How to structure a client care letter
- What to include, and what to put in your T&Cs
- Key information...
- ...and the less critical, but still important stuff
- Recent inclusions - that complicate matters further
- How the new ST&Rs have affected matters since November 2019
This webinar was recorded on 15th July 2020