Client Care Letters - Complying with the New Code of Conduct
As the new Code of Conduct dawns, and the SRA express further concerns about our handling of complaints, this webinar will cover the key issues of what must be included in writing to the client and what information they should rightly receive.
Aimed at all fee-earners and support staff with client contact responsibilities, this webinar will review the role of the initial meeting, the confirmatory letter and the accompanying 'contract' between the parties.
The webinar will discuss the content and style of client care letters and terms and conditions of business. Find out when the information should be given and how to impart it best. Are you telling your clients enough... or are you trying to tell them too much?
It will also include all the latest thinking under recent SRA Warning Notices and the latest Law Society Practice Notes and guidance.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The key information clients want and need
- The particular issues regarding data under the GDPR
- How best to impart that information
- How to structure a client care letter
- What to include, and what to put in your T&Cs
- Key information...
- ...and the less critical, but still important stuff
- Recent inclusions - that complicate matters further
- How the new Codes will affect matters from November 2019 onwards
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 13th September 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.