Children Law Update
This one hour live broadcast session will cover some of the leading developments in children law and practice so as to keep you abreast of changes and developments.
The live session will cover updates on areas of private and public law matters, as well as adoption law and practice.
What You Will Learn
This interactive live session will cover the following:
Private Children Law
- Human Fertilisation and Embryology (Parental Orders) Regulations 2018 - Parental Orders and single applicants
- Declaration of parentage
- Consideration of RR v MM  in relation to child arrangements orders and s.91(14) CA 1989 provisions
- Forced Marriage Protection Orders
- Changes to the Child Arrangements Programme (PD12B) relating to service and time periods
- Practice Direction 36K - Pilot scheme: Procedure for the bulk scanning of certain private law applications
Public Children & Adoption Law
- Adoption planning and siblings - Consideration of Re BT and GT (Children: Twins- Adoption) 
- Extending the 26 Weeks
- Consideration of secure accommodation orders and consideration of ‘absconding’
- Importance of the IRO in Public Children Law cases
- Case involving separate representation of children and party status
- Consideration of applications for Placement Orders - What does Re F (A child - Placement order)  provide in terms of proportionality?
- Developments surrounding Secure Accommodation Order applications - Re M (A Child) (Secure Accommodation) 
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.