Charity Law - Key Issues & Recent Developments
This new webinar will provide an update on recent developments in charity law, including issues affecting the charity sector because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
You will gain an understanding of the current 'hot topics', as well as legal, policy and regulatory changes affecting the sector.
- The Charity Commission's current areas of focus
- How the Corporate Liability and Governance Act 2020 applies to the charity sector
- Current serious incident reporting requirements for trustees, including recent updated guidance on reporting serious incidents involving partner organisations or arising from COVID-19
- Current charity sector trends and significant issues to look out for when advising charities
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The Corporate Liability and Governance Act 2020
- Key new Charity Commission guidance
- Recent Charity Commission case reports
- Developments in serious incident reporting
- An update on safeguarding and protecting people
- The latest from the Fundraising Regulator and ICO
This webinar was recorded on 5th November 2020