Charity Fundraising - Avoid Getting Caught by Tax & VAT
As the modern gift aid system approaches its 20th birthday, the earlier ‘soft touch’ approach to this tax relief has hardened on HMRC’s part to a more sceptical stance.
This webinar will explore what these changed attitudes may mean for the practical decisions for fundraisers.
It will also cover the key VAT areas to look out for and the gift aid changes arising from April 2019.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Overview of gift aid for personal giving
- The new donor benefit rules
- Tax relief on cash donations
- Fundraising event exemptions and reliefs
- Charity shops issues
- Challenge events
- Corporate giving and ‘sponsorship’
This webinar was recorded on 29th January 2019