Charity Accounting & Audits - Spring 2020 Update
Despite the fact that the FRS 102 SORP is now well established, there still seems to be an abundance of new rules affecting charity annual reports and accounts. This session will explain all the recent developments and also clarify existing rules in a number of common problem areas. Feedback from charity regulators on the conduct of independent examinations and audits will also be included.
This webinar is aimed at charity accountants, auditors and independent examiners. If you are a partners, manager or staff in audit and accounting firms who undertake charity audits and independent examinations then this webinar is for you.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The recent changes and common problem areas when preparing financial statements in accordance with the charity Statement of Recommended Practice
- Recent guidance issued by charity regulators when advising clients or when working within the sector
- How to produce high quality audit and independent examination files which meet the requirements of regulatory bodies
- Partners, managers and staff in audit and accounting firms who undertake charity audits and independent examinations
- Recent changes to UK GAAP, charity law and company law relevant to the preparation, independent examination and audit of charity accounts
- Proposals for future substantial changes to the charity SORP
- Charity Commission feedback on common problem areas in charity accounts
- Balancing effectiveness and efficiency when performing charity independent examinations
- How other regulatory changes impact on the work of auditors and examiners
This webinar was recorded on 17th March 2020