Charities & Leases - A Guide to the Legal Issues - Live at Your Desk
The first time a charity takes on property it will generally be a lease. Commercial property issues and terminology are often very new and daunting for charity tenants, and it is important to understand this when negotiating, as well as the technical legal issues for charities taking leases that need to be taken into account. The effect of COVID-19 on how charities are viewing their property requirements into the future has brought these issues into even sharper focus.
This virtual classroom seminar will explore these issues using a number of case studies.
What You Will Learn
This live session will cover the following:
- Legal forms for charities and what it means for them taking a lease
- Does charity law require things to be done differently when taking a lease?
- Personal guarantees - why they shouldn’t be used for charities
- VAT, SDLT and business rates - the issues for charities and how that impacts negotiation
- Ways of limiting a charity’s liability under a lease
- Exiting a lease and sharing occupation - key priorities for charities
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.