Charities - Key Accounting & Audit Challenges
Charity accountants and auditors face an ongoing challenge keeping abreast of changes to standards and regulations and to produce compliant financial statements and audit files efficiently.
This half day course reflects on common accounting issues, including recent changes to the Charities SORP and highlights a range of other topical regulatory issues relevant to charities and their accounts. It also considers measures charity auditors and independent examiners can take to help ensure their work meets the required standards.
This course is aimed at partners, managers and staff in accounting firms who undertake charity audits or independent examinations and charity staff or trustees involved finance and statutory reporting.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The key accounting and audit issues arising from the latest revisions to the SORP
- Likely future changes and the ongoing evolution of the Charities SORP
- Tackling common problem areas of accounting for charities
- Considerations for trading subsidiary and other connected entities
- Common deficiencies in charity audit files and how to avoid these
- Other regulatory issues affecting charities and the implications for charity advisors
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme