Change Orders & Variation Requests in Construction Contracts - An Introductory Guide
Variations to works occur under most construction contracts and these changes can affect price, cause delay and generate disputes.
This live broadcast session will enable delegates to recognise changes and variations, their effect and significance and administer changes properly and effectively.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What is a change or variation?
- What can and cannot be instructed?
- The procedure for instructing and requesting and confirming changes
- Penalties for non-compliance with instructions
- When is there a right of objection or refusal?
- The difference between Design & Build and traditional contracts
- Variations and timing
- Variations and valuation
- Liquidated damages and loss and expense
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.