Chancel Repair Liability - A Practical Guide for Conveyancers
Chancel repair liability changed after October 2013, but contrary to popular belief it has not been abolished.
In fact it remains a live issue so it is important to be familiar with the subject, the changes, the traps and the potential expense for your clients.
In this live broadcast session you will learn about its origins, the identifying features, when and how chancel repair may apply, thereby allowing you to avoid potentially expensive mistakes.
What You Will Learn
This interactive course will cover the following:
- Brief historical background
- Aston Cantlow PCC v Wallbank - the case, the decision and its consequences
- The duties and obligations of Parochial Church Councils
- The post October 2013 legal landscape - what happens if the property is not sold, can a PCC register at Land Registry when it likes, what is the effect of such registration and what is the position of a subsequent buyer?
- The views of the Charity Commission and the Church of England
- Buying out ‘the potential liability’
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.