Capital Gains Tax - A Comprehensive Introduction for Private Client Lawyers
This new webinar will provide an introduction to capital gains tax and the key concepts and traps which private client lawyers should be aware of when advising on succession planning, wills, trusts and the administration of estates.
What You Will Learn
The webinar will cover the following:
- What is capital gains tax (‘CGT’)?
- What is a ‘disposal’ for CGT purposes?
- What are the CGT rates?
- CGT in the context of estate administration - CGT rebasing on death, CGT in the executors’ year and beyond
- CGT in the context of trusts - the basic CGT principles applicable on the creation and ongoing administration of bare trusts, life interest trusts and discretionary trusts
- What is hold over relief and when is it available?
- What is entrepreneurs relief and when is it available (focusing on lifetime gifting and trusts)?
- What is principal private residence relief (PPR) and when is it available?
- The traps to look out for - legacy issues from home loan schemes, settlor interested trusts, large gardens in the context of PPR, offshore gains, new 30 day reporting requirements for residential property
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 17th August 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation