Capital Allowances in Hospitality - The Key Issues Explored
This webinar will consider the key practical implications of FA 2014 fixtures legislation in relation to the hospitality sector.
Key case law, including the landmark case of JD Wetherspoon v HMRC Commissioners and their relevance in the hospitality sector will be explored.
The webinar will provide an update with particular focus on how to maximise the tax relief available to minimise the impact of interest and loss restrictions introduced in April 2017. It will also cover the capital allowances proposals introduced in the Autumn 2018 budget on Structures and Building Allowance, increased Annual Investment Allowances and the future loss of Enhanced Capital Allowances.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How to ensure all capital allowances can be retained by the vendor of a hotel
- What are the key strategies when advising a client who is taking out a lease on a pub or restaurant?
- Key items of plant and machinery in the hospitality sector
- Opportunities to install energy efficient plant and machinery within a hotel, restaurant or pub qualifying for 100% enhanced capital allowances
- Key changes in capital allowances legislation
- Different types of allowances available
- The importance of ensuring your offer letter and heads of terms state that allowances will be transferred across upon completion
- Case study - The landlord is contributing to the fitting out of a restaurant. How can you ensure that you/your client retain the benefit of the allowances available on the works?
- Find out how capital allowances can reduce the post-tax cost of a fitting out a restaurant, the refurbishment of a members club or golf course and club house
- How to advise clients on the best strategy for retaining allowances when selling a hotel and maximise the tax relief available when buying, building or refurbishing property