Capital Allowances - Hotels, Hospitality & Offices - Live at Your Desk
This virtual classroom session aims to provide you with a good understanding of the key issues for claiming allowances on hotel properties and office buildings for the buying, selling, refurbishing and constructing of space based on case studies and examples of best practice including the recently introduced structures and buildings allowances.
Find out how to maximise allowances, how to retain those allowances upon sale and maximise allowances when buying, building, refurbishing or fitting out hotels, restaurants and offices.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Different types of allowances and key items of plant in the hospitality and commercial property sector
- Landlord contributions
- Structures and buildings allowance (SBAs) for contracts entered into after 29 October 2018
- Refurbishments to offices, hotels and restaurants - key issues including maximising repairs expenditure
- Asbestos removal and decontamination that typically applies in hospitality, offices, tax relief
- Withdrawal of enhanced capital allowances on green assets
- How to maximise on the temporary increase for the annual investment allowance
- Capital allowances issues when buying and selling property
- Interest relief restrictions and the impact on offices/hotels
- CGT implications for overseas investors of commercial property in the UK
- How should you negotiate allowances when buying an office/hotel?
- How should you negotiate allowances when selling a property?
- What information do you need from builders and professional advisors when carrying out building works?
- Relevant case studies
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.