Capital Allowances - Avoiding the Pitfalls in 45 Minutes
The Finance Act 2021 budget has introduced some key changes to the capital allowances regime and this new webinar will explore the opportunities to maximise the generous tax relief as well as consider some of the restrictions introduced for claiming them.
The webinar will cover the new 130% super deduction and 50% first year allowance for trading companies, the opportunities to obtain valuable tax repayments by carrying back losses to 3 years, as well as the recently introduced Freeport tax sites.
In addition, there will be a recap on the significant changes to the capital allowances regime since April 2014 in relation to buying and selling commercial properties. Without clear and practical advice at an early stage of a transaction, allowances could now either be under claimed or permanently lost.
Aimed at property lawyers and tax advisers this webinar assumes a working knowledge of underlying capital allowances legislation.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The recently introduced 130% super deduction and 50% first year allowance
- Freeport tax sites
- Opportunities for tax repayments following the extension of carrying back losses to 3 years
- Structures and Buildings Allowance
- Reminder of key practical implications of FA 2014 Fixtures Legislation
- Capital contributions to tenant works
- How the rules have worked in practice
- Avoiding pitfalls when buying & selling commercial properties
- Key strategies and case studies
- Commercial Property Standard Enquiries (CPSE) responses
- Capital allowances contract wording
- Potential capital allowances changes going forwards
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 1st March 2022 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation