Capacity, Care Homes & Family Disagreements - Live Broadcast with Caroline Bielanska
Most people want to stay in their own home, but what if this is no longer possible?
What if your client or their parents are refusing to go into a care home?
What if there is a disagreement within the family?
How and who assesses their capacity to decide? Can a property and financial affairs attorney or deputy make this decision and when is it necessary to involve social services or apply to the Court for an order?
These are everyday dilemmas which clients, their attorneys or deputies need to resolve.
This live broadcast session is aimed at all professionals who advise vulnerable clients and their families so that clear advice and action can be taken to reduce the risk of conflict and disputes.
What You Will Learn
The live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Increasing confidence to form your own opinion about the client's capacity
- Understanding who can make a decision where there is no LPA or deputy
- Strengthen ability to advise the welfare attorney
- Increase awareness of when to involve social services
- Understanding the nature of residency disputes
- Improve skill to identify issues which need to be considered
- Identify when an application should be brought to the Court of Protection
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.