Calling All COFAs - Get Ready For the New 2019 Accounts Rules
The long anticipated regulatory reform package goes live in November 2019 with the launch of the SRA Standards and Regulations. This publication includes the new SRA Accounts Rules 2019 and a continuing role for the firm’s Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration.
Now is the time to start preparing for these changes, and in this webinar we reflect on the style and substance of the Accounts Rules 2019 and the important decisions which must be made as to how to respond to them.
This webinar will also look at the ongoing restriction on providing banking facilities which remains one of the major risks of operating a client account.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Have you taken into account changes in the Accounts Rules?
- Can you demonstrate compliance with the Accounts Rules?
- What’s on the horizon and how can you plan for possible further changes?
- The regulatory framework for client money requirements
- The changes to the Accounts Rules in the SRA Standards and Regulations package
- The risks of providing a banking service and how to avoid this
- How to evaluate whether you as the COFA and your firm are responding appropriately to regulatory changes
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 27th September 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Solicitors Accounts Rules