COVID-19 & The Impact on Insurance Policies & Claims
COVID-19 has had an immense impact on people's lives and livelihoods. Many have been looking to their insurance policies and lawyers to see whether they have insurance coverage.
Inevitably attention has been focused on Business Interruption (BI) insurance, but claims may be related to a variety of insurance covers, including contingency and cancellation insurance, motor insurance and aviation insurance.
This webinar will consider the extent to which some existing policies may provide cover against COVID-19, the range of claims that have arisen regarding COVID-19 and the litigation that has already been launched following claims being refused.
It will also look at the likely drafting changes to insurance policies in the wake of COVID-19, particularly exclusions.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Potential coverage against Covid-19 under existing insurance policies, particularly under BI insurance policies
- The response by the Financial Conduct Authority and Association of Business Insurers to insurance coverage under insurance written in the UK
- Types of claims under insurance policies that have arisen in relation to COVID-19
- Litigation that has arisen and may arise in relation to COVID-19
- The likely impact on reinsurance
- Possible changes to the drafting of insurance policies, particularly exclusions
This webinar was recorded on 8th June 2020