CLC Compliance & Regulation - A Practical Guide
The CLC occupies a unique position.
As a specialist property regulator, established to promote competition in the conveyancing market, it regulates a community with a focus on conveyancing and land law. This position has generated a different style of regulation to the other legal services regulators. CLC practices undergo regular inspections; there is a conveyancing focused handbook and set of accounts rules with distinct requirements; and many practices have frequent contact with the regulator.
This virtual classroom seminar summarizes the different parts of the CLC Handbook, with an in depth look at common regulatory issues and CLC requirements; a summary of the CLC accounts rules; and ideas of how to prepare for a CLC inspection.
It is suitable for those working in or setting up a CLC firm or considering transferring to CLC regulation. This is a safe session, and you will not be expected to discuss compliance in your own firm.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The structure of the overall CLC Handbook
- The practising arrangements available under CLC regulation
- Specific CLC regulatory requirements, including in the following areas:
- Client care and complaint handling
- Conflicts of interest
- Anti-Money Laundering and the relationship to the Money Laundering Regulations
- File and insurance requirements
- CLC accounts rules
- How the CLC regulate, including:
- A discussion of regular inspections, their outcomes, and how to prepare
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.