Business Etiquette - The Fundamentals for Professionals
Anyone working in professional practice should understand the importance of appropriate business etiquette in the workplace. Professional etiquette impacts on relationships with colleagues, clients, and the success of the business.
The difficulty with business etiquette is that, whilst many of the rules/behaviours seem obvious, it is often easy to disregard how important they are.
If you are new to professional practice (including trainees, paralegals, apprentices, office juniors etc.), this short and interactive introductory session will highlight some key behaviours to ensure the appropriate etiquette helps you shine in your chosen role.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Brief introduction to the basics of professional etiquette
- Office etiquette (including implications of working open plan, agile working (including ‘hot’ desking) and other common office ‘bugbears’)
- Telephone etiquette
- Email communication and etiquette (internal and external) (including responsiveness to managers and clients)
- Good practice at meetings (virtually and in real life) including preparation for such meetings
- Dress code
- Online behaviour (including social media policies)
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.