Brexit & Food Law - Assessing the Regulation & Enforcement Impact
Brexit is the biggest legal event in a generation, and with so much uncertainty this virtual classroom seminar seeks to assess the impact leaving the European Union will have on food law.
To do this, a timeline of events will be explored to allow for the discussion of what comes next for the UK as it establishes new rules on food hygiene, labelling, novel foods and marketing standards to name but a few areas.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- EU food law principles
- The consequences of the UK ceasing to be a member state
- Establishment in the EU post Brexit
- Food of animal and non-animal origin
- Food safety and hygiene - concerns over reductions in standards
- Nutrition and health claims
- Novel foods
- Geographical indications
- Marketing standards post-Brexit
- Regulatory and policy divergence
- The enactment, regulation, enforcement, prosecution and punishment of food law
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.