Boundary Disputes in Scotland
Boundaries can become major points of contention between neighbours, and disputes over them have the potential to derail property transactions. Unpicking the issues and reaching a position that parties can live with going forward can be complex.
This course looks at how boundary disputes come about, the various issues they involve, and the legal and practical ways of dealing with them. It will also consider the closely related problem of encroachment and the strategies for resolving it.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Issues with property descriptions and plans
- The legal position of physical boundary features, and what happens if they change
- Maintenance of boundary features
- The legacy of the Register of Sasines and the Land Registration (Scotland) Act 1979
- Ongoing issues with the introduction of the Land Registration etc. (Scotland) Act 2012
- Dealing with boundary issues in a conveyancing transaction
- The role of surveyors and other experts
- Resolving boundary disputes and encroachment through the courts and tribunals
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme