Beyond the Buzzwords - Understanding Senior Stakeholder Decision Making for People Managers & HR Professionals
Are you frequently confused by the project jargon and buzzwords used by change professionals?
Have you ever wondered how and why senior executives make certain decisions during change projects?
If the answer is yes, then this session is for you.
This virtual classroom seminar will look beyond the jargon and buzzwords to explore the much-misunderstood part that emotion plays in all key decision making on change projects.
This session will provide you with an insight into the common decision-making processes of senior stakeholders and will offer guidance on how to utilise this insight to achieve better conversations and more effective decisions.
This session will benefit everyone from team and project managers to HR and company directors and will explore the following:
- Summary execution - how monthly and weekly reporting hierarchies confuse the message
- Fact v emotion - how understanding emotion can get decisions over the line
- The role of pain and gain - how to use either to get the right decision made
- Reframing the outcome - how simplifying the question can help get you the clarity you need
- Certainty v uncertainty - how to deal with this when negotiating with stakeholders
- I want the truth - why context is everything in messaging
- The dripping tap - signposting with stakeholders that decisions will be needed
- Stakeholder snooker - predicting how things will play-out & helping decision makers understand what happens next
- Rolling the dice - understanding the decisions that need to be allowed to play-out
- Boiling the frog - how incremental decisions and indecision can kill the outcome
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The two key questions that your decision makers need to answer before they will make a decision
- Which day of the week is likely to get you a better decision!
- How ‘putting words into the mouths’ of stakeholders buys you more ambassadors
- How to unlock fear at work in a meaningful and lasting way
- A call to action in your own life for all those decisions you have been deferring until retirement
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.