Belsner v CAM Legal Services - A Guide for PI Lawyers
The latest instalment of authorities engaging with fee deductions from clients' damages, Belsner v CAM Legal Services deals with the effect of the County Court restriction under s.74(3) Solicitors Act 1974.
The decision is wide reaching and potentially applicable to fast track personal injury work that attracted fixed costs, both current and historical.
All solicitors who engage in fast track PI work need to be aware of its effects.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The facts and decision in Belsner
- The arguments likely to be before the Court of Appeal
- The practical effect of Belsner
- Practical steps to manage current retainers
- Practical steps to respond to attacks on legacy claims
This webinar was recorded on 20th January 2021
at your organisation