Barn Conversions - The Key Issues for Conveyancers
According to Planning Portal, there has been a 230% increase in conversions of barns and farm buildings into homes without the need for planning permission since the relaxation of rules in England.
Nevertheless, while such projects provide opportunities for conveyancers, they also pose many pitfalls which need to be guarded against.
This webinar is designed to cover a range of issues that can arise when acting for clients in connection with transactions where there is a pre-existing or planned barn conversion.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The scope and limits of PD rights (as extended)
- Current planning guidance for barn conversions
- Potential liability to pay community infrastructure levy
- Overage agreements and defining the payment triggers
- The significance of a professional consultant's certificate
- Considering any breach of restrictive covenant (actual or apprehended)
- The importance of checking relevant rights (public and private) and boundaries
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 13th May 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation