Bankruptcy Procedure - The Latest Guidance
The restrictions imposed upon the bankruptcy process by the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 (‘CIGA’) are no more and, as such, the bankruptcy procedure is back in full force!
But what has changed and what remains the same?
And what practical steps can you, as a legal practitioner, take to ensure that you achieve the best outcome for your client when using this method of recovery and enforcement?
The documents involved in the bankruptcy process are themselves reasonably straight-forward to complete, however mistakes or errors can prove fatal, (and costly!) and so it is vital that legal practitioners know how to complete, serve, and issue the relevant paperwork correctly and swiftly.
This new virtual classroom seminar will take an in-depth and thorough look at the bankruptcy procedure, discussing the steps required to ensure proper and effective use of this process of recovery.
The session will provide helpful hints and tips, practical steps, and advice on how to avoid mistakes when completing, serving, and filing your paperwork.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Statutory demands and bankruptcy petitions - what are they and when can they be used? A brief refresher
- Pre-issue considerations and requirements
- Paperwork necessities and advice on completion
- Relevant forms and applications used
- Key skills and practical advice to ensure success
- Costs implications, on both parties
- Helpful hints and tips; additional points to note and consider
- Relevant and recent case law updates
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.