Avoiding the Cost of Knowledge Loss - A Guide for Law Firms
What’s the monetary value of a partner’s years of experience?
What figure would you put on the technical legal knowledge, specialist client knowledge, management and leadership experience, and helpful tactics and strategies that they’ve honed over decades?
How easy is it for a team to recover when a key knowledgeable person leaves? What is the risk to the business if they are no longer there to answer the complex technical questions, to settle a difficult dispute in the way a valuable client likes it settled, or to coach and mentor the next generation of partners in leadership skills?
This webinar aims to help law firm leaders and those responsible for learning and knowledge sharing in law firms with practical solutions to the problem of knowledge loss and provide a clear strategic plan for retaining maximum valuable knowledge within the business when partners retire.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is the impact and cost of unplanned knowledge loss on law firms?
- What kinds of knowledge might a partner hold?
- How can you prioritise the transfer of knowledge when you’ve limited time?
- How does the ‘curse of knowledge’ thwart most knowledge transfer projects?
- What practical projects actually work for knowledge transfer?
- What can law firm leaders learn from the engineering sector, which has been handling the problem of retiring baby-boomers and a declining workforce?
This webinar was recorded on 16th May 2019
at your organisation