Avoiding or Revoking a Deportation Order - Current Law & Practice
Some clients do bad things…but is deportation inevitable?
This new full day course sets out best practice for lawyers preparing a submission in response to a notice of intended deportation, or an application to revoke a deportation order already signed.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Responding to a notice of intended deportation; taking detailed instructions, gathering evidence both generic and case specific, interviewing witnesses, and considering expert opinion
- Conducting deportation appeals - notoriously the hardest appeals to win
- Review of current case law and the arguments available depending on length of sentence
- Judicial review where your client has been denied an appeal
- Preparing an application to revoke a deportation order where your client has either been removed already, or is still present in the UK
- Specific considerations for EEA and third country nationals
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme