Avoiding or Revoking a Deportation Order - Current Law & Practice
Some clients do bad things…but is deportation inevitable?
This new full day course sets out best practice for lawyers preparing a submission in response to a notice of intended deportation, or an application to revoke a deportation order already signed.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Responding to a notice of intended deportation; taking detailed instructions, gathering evidence both generic and case specific, interviewing witnesses, and considering expert opinion
- Conducting deportation appeals - notoriously the hardest appeals to win
- Review of current case law and the arguments available depending on length of sentence
- Judicial review where your client has been denied an appeal
- Preparing an application to revoke a deportation order where your client has either been removed already, or is still present in the UK
- Specific considerations for EEA and third country nationals
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme