Avoiding Negligence in Scottish Commercial Property & Leasing Transactions
This virtual classroom seminar is aimed at helping solicitors avoid the main errors that are committed in title examination and commercial lease work.
We will look at what is expected of the solicitor and the various traps that lie in wait, with particular focus on the points outlined below. Practical examples will be produced.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Scope of work - getting the letter of engagement right
- Standard of care for professional negligence purposes
- Title traps - plans reports, burdens, writs etc.
- Getting conditionality clauses in missives correct
- Options in leases
- Rent review problems - assumptions - inflation linking
- Problems with insurance and uninsured risks clauses in leases
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.