Avoiding Claims in Residential Conveyancing - Live at Your Desk
Whilst the average value of a negligence claim in residential conveyancing is relatively low, the time, energy and stress in dealing with claims (whether the claim is genuine or not) can be extensive and expensive in addition to the loss of clients and reputation.
This virtual classroom seminar will examine some of the common themes of claims and common claim areas. It is suitable for residential conveyancers at all levels and will highlight where claims are being made and how to avoid them.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- How property fraud generally and identity fraud in particular can lead to claims in residential conveyancing
- Avoiding claims relating to due diligence - searches, enquiries and client inspection
- Avoiding claims relating to land registration
- Transactional claims - what can go wrong at exchange, completion and registration
- Using relevant case what can go wrong
- Problems with residential leasehold transactions
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.